This is Episode 22 of HotSCast, Hipster Yuengling!!
I decided to do things a little differently this week with the notes here. Kali has so graciously offered to take care of the show notes each week and is doing such an incredible job that I thought, why keep that from the world? So from here out I’ll be posting our working show notes right here on the blog with the episode posts! Let us know what you think of this at HotSCast@gmail.com!
Enjoy the show, and our new approach to the show notes on the site!
Ril: Ladies and Gentlemen, Heroes of all ages, welcome back to the Heart of the Storm! This is episode number 22 of HotSCast, recorded 10pm on the right coast, 27th August, 2014.
HotSCast is the Heroes of the Storm podcast for the people, the players, the Heroes, often off-topic and always rail-free. I am your host Vincent, aka Rilandune. With me as always are my intrepid co-hosts –
Mike, a.k.a. Fimlys, a.k.a. [Ril’s crazy name]:
- Quick hello and witty something, 140 chars or less (twitter style) – [response]
- What have you been playing this week? – Valla, Malfurion, Diablo, Witch Doctor (liking)
and Kali, a.k.a. NerdiChar, a.k.a. [Ril’s crazy name]:
- Quick hello and witty something, 140 chars or less (twitter style) – I went to my cousin’s wedding this past weekend and danced like a fool, I am so glad no one recorded that and put it on social media! Speaking of which, I did the ice bucket challenge on Saturday, that was so cold.
- What have you been playing this week? – I might have a slight obsession with Zeratul and Malfurion, as everyone saw last week during the stream…I can’t stop playing them! I did just buy Nova though, so I might break away to play her a bit.
Ril: And now, onto the news.
This Week in Heroes
Free Hero Rotation
Week of Tuesday, August 26th, 2014:
- Tychus (level 8+)
- Rehgar (level 10+)
This information was released by Blizzard back on July 23, but we are just getting around to mentioning it. Sorry about that! Frost Worm Arthas and Big Top Gazlowe are now available for purchase in the shop.
Link to YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PlfokJFpE8
Ril: We have 3 news topics to discuss.
Ril: SteelSeries announced they are going to release a HotS-themed mouse and mousepad.
In a press release, Tino Soelberg, SteelSeries CTO said,
Heroes of the Storm has been such a highly anticipated title that we were excited to create a product exclusively for the game. We knew that Blizzard and players would want a mouse designed for versatility and that would evoke the aesthetics from within the game. The SteelSeries Engine is such an important component of this mouse in that players can save an unlimited number of profiles and settings for each that would reflect the type of character you’re playing; assigning illumination settings to each of your profiles to differentiate between characters is another way the mouse can enhance gameplay.
Kali: I actually use a SteelSeries mouse and keyboard, and my other half uses their mousepad. We’ve really enjoyed their products. Here are the highlights of the mouse:
- LED illuminated lights that feature the Heroes of the Storm graphic design…ooh, glowy!
- Tournament-grade buttons
- Pro-grade laser sensor
- CPI range from 1-5.700
- Rubberized surface with “hand-sweat resistant coating”
Mike: The Heroes of the Storm Mouse and QcK Mousepad will be available later this year for $69.99 for the mouse and $14.99 for the Mousepad. [Additional thoughts]
Ril: Lazygamer.net had an interview at Gamescon with Senior Producer Kaeo Milker. You can watch the entire interview by checking out the link that will be posted in the show notes. One of the questions asked was:
“I did ask after the interview if there was any kind of indication as to when the game will hit an open beta. I was told that there are still several stages of the alpha before it can even hit closed beta.”
Kali: Uh oh, I don’t think the listeners are going to like that news. Keep your chin up guys and keep watching our stream on Twitch! We love to take your requests for what to play and what talents to choose.
Link to the article: http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/we-talk-heroes-of-the-storm-at-gamescom/
Ril: Fimlys found an article on Reddit that explains step-by-step how to watch replays of games you have played in the tech alpha.
Kali: Probably in the beta and definitely in the official release, there will be a way to spectate and/or watch replays, but for now this is a great way to watch matches.
Mike: The tutorial is fairly simple and can be found in the article we will post in the show notes. A few good tips to note:
- The hotkeys are similar to the ones in StarCraft 2. For example, Ctrl+W hides the bottom UI area.
- You can view the selected talents of the other players.
- You can use F10 to toggle the menu which will allow you to stop watching the replay.
Link to the article: http://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/26nelb/how_to_watch_a_replay/
Don’t forget to follow the show in Twitter, @HotSCast, email us with any questions for feedback at HotSCast@gmail.com and especially let us know what you think about the new show notes set up!