Tuesday, December 29, 2015 | HotScast Episode #80
Hosts: Vincent Minnucci (Rilandune), Mike (Fimlys), & Kali (NerdiChar)
HotSCast Episode 80 – #ZergObservs and Worgens! HotSCast is YOUR source for all the Heroes of the Storm coverage you can handle! Find us online at HotSCast.com, on Twitter @HotSCast, on Twitch.tv/HotSCast, YouTube.com/HotSCast, on Google+ and Facebook as HotSCast. Email the show HotSCast@gmail.com! This week wrap up 2015, make predictions on what to expect in Heroes of the Storm in 2016, have our first Greymane Deep Dive, and MORE!! Enjoy!
Hit the Break for the full show notes!
SALES & FREE HERO ROTATION
Week of December 29, 2015 – January 5, 2016
- Black Friday/Holiday/End of the Year Sale (this is the final week!):
Free Hero Rotation:
- Li Li
- Gazlowe (Slot unlocked at Player Level 5)
- Falstad (Slot unlocked at Player Level 7)
- Tassadar (Slot unlocked at Player Level 12)
- Illidan (Slot unlocked at Player Level 15)
SKINS & MOUNTS
Ril: Space Lord Leoric (coming soon™)
Mike: Ringmaster Greymane skin (coming soon™)
Kali: Space Lord’s Starbreaker mount (coming soon™)
Ril: Genn Greymane datamined release date – 1/12/16 [cover Trait through talent Scented Tincture]
Mike: [cover talents Viciousness through Marked for the Kill]
Kali: [cover talents On the Prowl through Unleashed]
FAVORITE PLAY OF THE WEEK/EPIC WINS/EPIC FAILS
Kali: I put together an epic team fight montage, the link to the video is in the show notes. We didn’t win every one, but there were epic anyway.
Ril: Community member Ahli helped create a new UI for watching replays and observing matches in the client. Some of you may recognize a lot of these new features from an earlier version that was used at the BlizzCon World Championships. While this probably won’t be the final iteration, Blizzard wanted to get this version into the hands of the players now as this new interface will be replacing the default replay and observer UI very soon.
Mike: With new art, talent icons included in the top bar, and collapsible detailed stats and talent panels, the interface will introduce an exciting new level of easily-digestible information to players looking to analyze games as a spectator or through watching replays. You can also look forward to even more features coming with the interfaces official release and beyond, including current Map Mechanic counters for each team on maps like Blackheart’s Bay and Tomb of the Spider Queen.
Kali: FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO START USING THE NEW INTERFACE:
- Download the new Heroes of the Storm interface file via the link in the show notes.
- Once downloaded, place the file in your Heroes of the Storm Interfaces folder (paths for Mac & Windows can be found via the link in the show notes).
- Inside the client, access the options menu, then navigate to the Observer and Replay tab.
- Use the dropdowns to change your Observer and Replay files to the downloaded interface.
- That’s it. Go watch a replay, observe a custom game, and check out all the new features!
- Detailed Talent Pane: Ctrl + 1
- Detailed Stats Pane: Ctrl + 2
- Hide/Show Top Bar: Ctrl + E
- Hide/Show All UI: Ctrl+Shift+E
- Hide/Show Chat Log: Ctrl+Shift+C
- Hide/Show Replay Control Panel: Ctrl+Shift+O
Kali: Guys, I need your requests for tactics videos! Please send me a PM on Twitter or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.