HotSCast Episode 43 – Vincenardo DiVinci, PAX EAST!! – HotSCast is YOUR source for all the Heroes of the Storm coverage you can handle! Find us online at HotSCast.com, on Twitter @HotSCast, on Twitch.tv/HotSCast, YouTube.com/HotSCast, on Google+ and Facebook as HotSCast. Email the show HotSCast@gmail.com! This week we are joined by Adam from The Nexus Podcast and we discuss the coming of Sylvanas, the new Battleground – Tomb of the Spider Queen, and all the PAX East news! And so much more!! Enjoy! And if you do, please leave us a review on iTunes, or Stitcher, or whatever podcast catcher of your choosing! That is the best help you can provide in growing the show, Thanks!!
Tuesday, March 10, 2015 | HotScast Episode #43 | Hosts: Vincent (Rilandune), Mike (Fimlys), & Kali (NerdiChar) – Special Guests: Adam (randomgeek)
HELP OUT THE SHOW!!!
As you can see we’ve been nominated as one of the Favorite Heroes of the Storm Community Shows in 2014 by Blizzard! If you can head to the link here: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/16544224854 and vote for the show we’d LOVE YOU FOR IT!!
Hit the break for all the show notes, embedded video, and links!!
SALES & FREE HERO ROTATION
Tyrande — Sale Price: $4.24 USD
Blood Elf Tyrande Skin — Sale Price: $4.99 USD
Chef Stitches Skin — Sale Price: $4.99 USD
Week of Tuesday, March 10, 2015:
- Li Li
- Azmodan (Available after you reach player level 12)
- Jaina (Available after you reach player level 15)
SKINS & MOUNTS
Dire Wolf & Cyber Wolf will be leaving the shop when the patch hits. Golden Cyber Wolf will still be available through two bundles. Magic Carpet and Lunar Tiger will be back in the store when the patch hits and won’t be part of a bundle, so you can buy just the mounts if you wanted them but didn’t want the bundles they were attached to.
E-SPORTS & TOURNAMENTS
Heroes of the Dorm – play Heroes to win college tuition and more, with over $450,000 in prizes. Once you sign up your team, you get Beta Access (open until March 26). Open qualifiers run March 28-29. The top 64 teams will advance to single elimination bracket play starting April 11. The top 4 teams will compete in the live finals event, which will be broadcasted on ESPN in late April! The coolest part is that you can participate even if you don’t compete. Spectators can create fantasy teams to compete for prizes as well! Fantasy brackets will be available April 3.
SYLVANAS!!! From heroesnexus.com:
- Withering Fire (Q) fires the closest unit, prioritizing heroes. Has 5 charges and can be used while on the move (has no animation wind-up).
- She also needs to “recharge” her Q by absorbing minion souls – unclear if it requires last hits, but it seems like she just needs to be around when they die.
- Shadow Dagger (W) seems to have a very short range. Spreads its effect over time.
- Corruption (Trait): any damage she deals (through any skill or auto attacks) disables minions, mercs and structures.
- Haunting Wave (E) – Sylvanas’ body stays behind and she can be killed during this delay. Apparently can be specced to grant Stealth while the Wave travels.
- Wailing Arrow (R1) – shoots an arrow and needs to be activated again to explode, silencing enemies.
- Possession (R2) – not very useful in big fights, it’s not gonna turn an entire team fight around. But it creates a new factor to be considered – Mercs can be turned against teams. Seems to have a very low cooldown for lane minions.
PATCH PAX NOTES (har har har)
Possible Show Titles:
Vincenardo Divinci ****
Nerd Germ Hatin
Rogue Stabby Stabby
Chen Should be > All
General Support Awesomeness